Is Your Home Ready For The 2024 Hurricane Season?

Prepare Your Home For The 2024 HUrricane Season With A WInd Mitigation INspection

Here in Tampa Bay, we know all too well the devastation that hurricane season can bring. With predictions of increased storm activity for the 2024 hurricane season, now is the time to prepare. Getting a wind mitigation inspection for your home is one of the most important steps you can take. With the right preparations, you can protect your most valuable asset - your home.

Understanding Wind Mitigation and Why It Matters for Florida Homeowners

As professional property inspectors, we cannot stress enough the importance of wind mitigation for homeowners in Florida. The 2024 hurricane season is upon us. Now is the time to assess your home’s ability to withstand the high winds and storm events predicted this year.

What IS Wind MItigation?

Wind mitigation refers to making improvements to strengthen your home against damage from high winds, such as those experienced during hurricanes. This includes reinforcing your roof, windows, doors, and even the connection of your home’s walls to its foundation. Mitigation measures like these have been proven to drastically reduce damage from wind events.

Why DOes It Matter In Florida For The 2024 HUrricane Season?

Florida's location and climate mean homeowners face risks like nowhere else. According to NOAA, the 2024 Atlantic hurricane season is predicted to be above average. There is a high probability of active storms. Therefore, wind mitigation can be the difference between minor damage and catastrophic loss. Upgrading your home now provides peace of mind. Additionally, it can also lower insurance costs.

Predictions for the 2024 Hurricane Season - Why to Prepare Now

For the 2024 Atlantic hurricane season spanning from June 1 to November 30, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) outlook predicts a 85% likelihood of an above-average season, a 10% chance of a normal season, and a 5% probability of a below-average season.

NOAA 2024 hurricane season predictions:

  • 17 to 25 named storms with sustained winds of 39 miles per hour or greater.
  • 8 to 13 are predicted to become hurricanes with sustained winds of 74 miles per hour or higher
  • 4 to 7 major hurricanes of Category 3 strength or stronger with sustained winds of 111 miles per hour or higher.

According to meteorologists, they have a 70% confidence level in these projected ranges. So, now is the time for homeowners to assess if their properties are ready to weather these powerful storms!

Solid Rock Home Inspections, Clearwater, FL, 2024 Hurricane Season
High impact windows are a great long term investment that can help you save thousands on insurance premiums, as well as protect your home during the 2024 hurricane season and beyond.

Top 5 Benefits of a Wind Mitigation Inspection Before the Storms Hit

Peace of Mind Knowing Your Home is Protected

As homeowners in Florida, we know all too well the damage that powerful hurricanes can inflict. A wind mitigation inspection performed on your property will provide reassurance that your home meets the latest building standards for wind resistance. Our InterNACHI certified inspectors will go through a wind mitigation checklist in order to evaluate items like your roof, windows, doors, and structural supports to ensure they can withstand high winds. Here at Solid Rock Inspections Group, we only do inspections. However, we will recommend what types of upgrades can be made to bring your home up to code before storms strike.

Lower Insurance Premiums

Florida home insurance providers offer significant discounts for properties that meet the state's building code requirements for wind mitigation. The upgrades recommended in an official wind mitigation inspection report can qualify homeowners for premium reductions of up to 50-60% per year. The savings can amount to thousands of dollars annually, offsetting the initial investment in a short period of time.

Avoid Costly Damage

Having a wind mitigation inspection performed indentifies any weaknesses and needed reinforcements to avoid damage from high winds. Securing entry points, reinforcing the roof, and installing impact-resistant windows, minimizes the risk of leaks, flooding or even partial roof collapse during a storm. The investment in upgrades pays for itself by avoiding costly repairs down the road.

Increased Property Value

A wind-resistant home is an appealing feature for potential homebuyers, especially in Florida. Having a professional wind mitigation inspection report that certifies your home meets stringent building standards will allow you to market your property at a premium. Fortified homes tend to sell at higher prices compared to non-fortified homes.

Safer Shelter During A Hurricane

A home that has been properly inspected and upgraded to meet wind mitigation standards provides safer shelter during a hurricane. You’ll feel more secure staying in a residence with structural reinforcements. There's peace of mind knowing the building is better able to withstand powerful winds and resist collapse in case of a direct hit. Your safety and the safety of your loved ones should be the top priority during any dangerous weather event.

Get Prepared For The 2024 Hurricane Season and Schedule A Wind Mitigation Inspection Today

As we prepare for another active hurricane season, now is the time for homeowners to take action. Having a wind mitigation inspection completed by Solid Rock Inspections Group provides peace of mind and identifies vulnerabilities before disaster strikes. Contact Solid Rock Inspections Group at (727) 386-8627 today to assess your home's ability to withstand high winds and water intrusion. You can also contact us on our website here. A few reasonable upgrades implemented in advance of storms can go far to prevent extensive damage.

Share this: